This famous landmark guest lodge, perched on the foot of a hill overlooking the Indian Ocean, is perfectly positioned and offers excellent accommodation. Built from natural limestone, with solid wooden finsihes salvaged from an African mine town, every tourist, national and international, must pass by this property in order to visit the southernmost tip of Africa. Proudly accredited with the 'Traveller' Choice Award' for Afristay, Agulhas Country Lodge has an unmatched ambiance and beautifully encapsulates the splendor of the southernmost tip of Africa. Throughout all seasons, it's the perfect retreat for any visitor to stay over, overhearing stories of famous shipwrecks, whilst staring out into the distance over the rocky shoreline toward Antarctica. This is a once in a lifetime moment opportunity, that rarely presents itself, and is ideal for the entrepreneur wanting to expand their hotel business or to scale down into retirement. The property is VAT registered, providing the sales benefit of a zero VAT-registered sale. There is the exceptional benefit of further developing the 1000m2 land (part of the total 2344m2). The potential, subject to local authority approval, is there to either build a further 4 to 6 terraced apartments, or residential home. The views will be outstanding.
What the lodge offers:
- 8 Bedrooms, all ensuite with cooling and heating facilities, each with a private balcony
- Of the 8 en-suite bathrooms, 2 have jacuzzi spa baths and double showers, 2 have a bath and shower, and 2 only have showers.
- Staff accommodation en-suite on the ground floor, also containing 2 store rooms
- A beautiful formal dining room and a wood-burning fireplace adds to the rich atmosphere
- An upstairs lounge with a bar, overlooking the ocean and leading onto an enclosed, wind-protected balcony
- A cigar lounge with a large fireplace, ideal to play a board game or read a book
- A well-apportioned kitchen, well able to serve the lodge and dining room needs
- A large laundry
- 2 Large storerooms with outside entrance