This stunning private lodge with two homes, is nestled under large riverine trees and overlooks the river. Game is bountiful in this “Big 5” reserve, and you have access to over 7,000 ha of traversing for game drives. The owner is open to sell 50% share and each owner can have their own house, or a purchaser can have usage of both lodges 50% of the year. The property is held in a company and the purchaser would be purchasing 50% in the shareholding. Situated between the two homes is a pool, bar, braai and boma area. One house has three bedrooms and the other four bedrooms. Both overlook the river and have very large master bedrooms. They are tastefully decorated. A great feeling of peace and relaxation will be experienced at this property.
The purchase includes furnishings, Land Cruiser game viewer and staff. All you need to do is bring your clothes. The 50% share also means no transfer duty.
The camp is nestled under large jackalberry, tamboti and fever trees. The river flows most of the year and is broad with stretches of sand, flowing water and grassy banks that attract game. The camp itself which is around half a hectare in size is electrically fenced and a waterhole is located just outside this fence.
Details on the houses:
Bateleur house: 3 bedrooms and sleeps 6
- Two en-suite bedrooms downstairs
- The upstairs master suite has a sitting area, an outdoor patio area, bathroom with bath, shower and double basin.
- Spacious open plan kitchen with dining room and living, stepping out to a patio overlooking river
- Storage room for garden tools and work room under the house in basement room
Fish Eagle: 4 bedrooms and sleeps 8
- Three bedrooms downstairs with one en-suite, and two bedrooms with shared bathroom.
- The upstairs master suite is extra-large, with lounge and attractive bathroom, plenty of windows and light coming in, shower, bath, toilet and double basin. There is a private outside patio
- The open plan kitchen is attached to a second outdoor sitting and dining area, that has views into the bush
- The living room has a fireplace and leads out onto a patio deck
- Lapa with bar counter and chairs
- Large refrigerators
- Swimming pool
- Braai area and firepit
- Connect the two houses with each other / in between
Quarters for workers:
- 2 rooms
- 1 bathroom
- 1 kitchen
- Additional washing facilities/laundry
- Borehole and pump
- Toyota Land Cruiser set up for game viewing
- Canopy for vehicles
- Traversing rights
- No transfer duty
- 100% sale possible
No commercial lodge allowed, but owners can send guests and friends
Karongwe is one an extremely scenic game reserve with a wide diversity of game, tree and plant life. There are four river systems that run across the reserve and is perfect leopard territory, with many good and regular sightings. The river trees are large and include all the bushveld specials like weeping boerbean, mahogany, tamboti, Jackelberry, Leadwood, Fever Tree. The northern Drakensberg mountains outline the landscape on the western side in dramatic fashion and sunsets in this lowveld are world renowned.
The “Big 5” consisting of Lion, Elephant, Leopard, Rhino and Buffalo excite all game viewing enthusiasts and are commonly seen. However, in addition several other specials are regularly seen, such as Sable, Cheetah, Klipspringer, Hyena and Hippo. The other common sightings such as giraffe, Wildebeest, Zebra, kudu, warthog are just a few of the other species to be found on the reserve.
Century 21 Wildlife Properties have made every effort to obtain the information regarding these listings from sources deemed reliable. However, we cannot warrant the complete accuracy thereof, subject to errors, omissions, change of price, rental or other conditions, prior sale, lease or financing, or withdrawal without notice.